Ginger isn't just for belly aches. It has a plethora of benefits.
- Relieves motion sickness and morning sickness
- Eases the pain of arthritis
- Ginger is antiviral and antibacterial, and can be used much like turmeric to help alleviate or prevent colds and the flu
- Ginger has been shown to prevent coronary heart disease
- Full of antioxidants, ginger helps to prevent cancer
I also like to sprinkle ground ginger on sweet potatoes and roast them in the oven.
Right now, though, to help my stomach woes, I'm drinking ginger tea: a slice of ginger mixed with almost boiling water and a bit of milk. I also just had a slice of ginger dipped in some honey.
With ginger on my side, I know I'll feel better soon.