Then I started thinking -- wouldn't it be great to host a virtual cookbook club? That way, all my fellow foodies both near and far can participate.
The book I chose is Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero's tome - Veganomicon.
link above takes you to the google book version, where a few recipes from book are available!
If you'd like to participate (which I hope you do!), here's the drill:
1. Cook one recipe from Veganomicon
2. Take as many photos as you'd like
3. If you wish, you may adapt the recipe in any way you like, recording it as best as possible (you can even be brash and add real cheese if you'd like!) on your blog site. I realize this isn't typical cookbook club protocol, but I'm not a typical cook!
4. On or before June 27th (that's two weeks!) email me at cathedralanatomy AT gmail DOT com with the following:
- Title of the recipe you made
- One of your best photos of the final dish and cooking process
- Your thoughts on the recipe, why you decided to make certain adaptations or not, and what you thought of what you cooked
- If you have a food blog -- Post your photos and recipe adaptation on your blog, linking back to this post for the cookbook club. When you do this, send me the link to your post, and I'll link back to it on my final post with your photograph and link. **if you do not have a blog, I'd still love to have your photo on the final post -- just send me the adaptation of the recipe that you made!
Get creative, play around, have fun, and experiment -- to me, that's what cooking from a cookbook is all about. Even if a recipe inspires you to make something completely different and it turns out great, I'd love to know about it!
A few other resources for recipes for the book are:
- I know that my local library has the book -- check at your library to see if they're cool and have a copy, too!
- Perhaps a friend has the book -- you could borrow it from them and invite them to dinner
- Livestrong.com has a wide variety of recipes from Veganomicon
- Check out what the folks on 101 cookbooks library have to say about some of the recipes.