Then I realized -- a hummus could happen here!
I kept things simple...one sliced green zebra tomato + 2 cups chickpeas + 1 tablespoon salt + 1 teaspoon cumin + 1 tablespoon paprika + 1 good drizzle of olive oil + some water and then the blender took over from there. It tasted like hummus with a more vibrant kick from the tomato. This hummus had a definite summery feel going for it. Once that came together and was sampled with satisfaction, I meandered over to the stove to make a 100% local veggie accompaniment.
Mostly Local Lunch
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 3 leaves rainbow chard, chopped finely
- 3 leaves collard greens, chopped finely
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 4 loose handfulls of baby spinach
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon cardamom
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups homemade green tomato hummus (see instructions above)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil