Yesterday morning I was greeted by a chill in the air and a few good inches of wet white snow outside. It was like Autumn decided to dress up as Winter for Halloween. In my book, she totally wins the costume contest, first prize. Since I moved up to Portland, snowy days have always meant mandatory baking. To celebrate Halloween, I decided a pumpkin theme was appropriate -- and happened to have both pumpkin puree and raw pumpkin seeds in my pantry.
|Delicious ingredients -- I couldn't help but lick the spoon a few times!|
Double Pumpkin Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups pumpkin puree (be sure to get the plain kind, not the pumpkin pie, which has added sugar!0
- 1 cup millet flour
- 1/2 cup raw Pepita seeds
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup crystallized ginger, chopped into small bits
- 1/4 cup golden and brown raisins
- 2 tablespoons ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of cardamom
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, optional
- 1/8 cup of water or milk of your choice, if the dough is too dry.
Happy Halloween -- are you making anything special to celebrate?